This week we learned a few rules of inference which are pretty interesting; they're starting to give me a broader conception of how to create proofs. Before they were explicitly stated like they were, I was often confused about where we were going in class and how I was supposed to have the ability to infer certain behaviours or produce from 'common knowledge' properties specific sets of numbers, absolute value functions, inequalities, etc. (Which I now realize are in the course prerequisites). Now that I have access to a tool-set, I have a renewed sense of confidence in my future ability to actually prove something; I just need to learn as much as I can from the mathematical prerequisites. I need to study proving things much more regularly as well.
On the bright side though, I'm having no trouble reading or writing logic symbols any more, I feel somewhat literate in the realm of mathematics (Or at least what we've studied) now. I also had very poor time management skills at the beginning of the course, and couldn't keep up with my coursework (Note the 4 missing SLOGs), but I'm trying to redouble my efforts in all of my courses, especially this one.
I'm glad to hear that reading/writing symbols is no longer a challenge! How are more recent topics in the course going; proofs and time complexity analysis?
ReplyDelete